Friday, January 13, 2006

The Real Jersey Devil

(See Link in Title)
The story goes that a woman who practiced witchcraft had a child...The subject of her mate and the NJ Devil's father varies form the devil himself, to a British soldier during the Revolution, to a gang rape, and the hits just keep on coming...He lives in the Pine Barrens of New Jersey's southern region. He mainly appears and eats chickens, deer, and the occasional human child, usually smaller fare leaving only the bones as evidence. Occasionally the tale varies in that the Devil as a child was a disabled human infant abandoned to the Barrens for his hideous appearance and that he now wants vengance. Either way, the Pine Barrens are a scary place and I would like to open a challenge to anyone who can prove the Jersey Devil's existence. I am a beleiver however, contrary to popular belief, I am not stupid. I've seen the X-Files & I've also seen the Sopranos where Paulie & Christopher get lost in the Pine Barrens chasing the Russian mobster...So anyway, good luck in your findings. I've posted a couple of pictures so you know what you are looking for:

This could be the NJ Devil



or this
















Or this
Or quite possibly it could be this














Happy Hunting...

2 Comments:

At 9:41 PM, January 13, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous whispered...

I too am a believer, however my sources tell me that the Devil has since relocated to the lower levels of Hades, apparently the smell was to much.

 
At 7:18 PM, January 14, 2006, Blogger thejerseydevil whispered...

the new slogan doesnt help either...isnt the brittish soldier and the devil the same thing

legends have some truth to them

 

Dance With the Devil

<< Home