Thursday, February 02, 2006

A Group That I love To Hate


For you people out there that have ever been stuck in traffic by two dickheads ridding bicycles in the middle of the road. Well it turns out that these two dickheads may be members of a group that I feel is a joke. That group is called Critical Mass (http://critical-mass.info/).
This group is a bunch of wannabe hippies that feel it is their divine mission to have "bike in's" and "happenings" to show large cities that they need more room for bikes on busy streets. They want larger lanes for bicycles, but don't want to share these lanes with the happy rickshaw driver or the fancy pants horse drawn carriages. Their lawyer tells them that they should saw that they want this because it will help decrease the fossil fuel consumption, (which I am in favor of, but I still want to drive a 1963 split window corvette really fast in a school zone), because more people will have the option for safe bicycling.
But the real reason they do this is because need the attention. Its the old look at me!, look at me!, I'm protesting like a hippie in the 60's. Their "rides" are on the busiest streets at the worst possible times, which I feel makes people hate them more then want to listen to them. The average ride, they says has hundreds in attendance, but really has more like 25 to 30 people, is more like the gay pride parade. People take time to put streamers on, decorate, wear Halloween costumes and act like the idiots they are as the average guy/gal at the end of a long day of work sit waiting in their car for it to end.
On numerous occasions according to the NYPD and other police departments, this group after actually applying and receiving the permit to parade have chose to leave their assigned route and menace traffic and cause a disturbance enough to get arrested and charged (a mere $500.00 fine and time served). This puts their lives and the lives of others at risk. It pulls valuable police resources away from "problem areas" and threatens cops and citizens. Police get hurt dealing with these people and their crap-tacular bicycles.
I am personally glad that the City of New York has decided not to ever issue these people a parade permit again and more cities should follow suit.
As always I leave it to you all to make up your own minds and please sound off here. Let me know I'm not the only one out there who misses people with an opinion who know how to express it and not wannabe commie hippies who enjoy being in the paper and telling there friends how the got busted for a cause.

6 Comments:

At 12:04 PM, February 02, 2006, Blogger Mookie McFly whispered...

I don't want a pickle. I just want to ride on my motor-sick-el. And I don't want to die. I just want to ride on my motor-cy-cle. Wow...two chances to quote Arlo in two days...I might have to make a Arlo Guthrie quote of the week, except the two I used are the two I know! Get out of my way, hot stuff coming through and I'm not talking about the coffee!

 
At 12:08 PM, February 02, 2006, Blogger Mookie McFly whispered...

Oh by the way, my Dad told me once that he had a philosophy professor who said that everyone hates someone...and that for this reason he chose migrant workers for his anger. Not because he had any real malice towards migrant workers. He just figured that he would never meet one...I hate pigmies for much the same reason.

 
At 3:49 PM, February 02, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous whispered...

Everyone knows that the UNICYCLE is the weapon of choice for the hip young protester in the know

 
At 10:06 AM, February 03, 2006, Blogger rev. billy bob gisher ©2008 whispered...

i think there might be a few more important things.

 
At 5:27 PM, February 03, 2006, Blogger Mookie McFly whispered...

I have to agree but these guys are bagpipers & march in parades. They don't want anyone to steal their thunder.

 
At 8:08 PM, February 06, 2006, Blogger thejerseydevil whispered...

damn right

 

Dance With the Devil

<< Home