Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Where there is NJ there is a Way!!!

I grew up in a New Jerzey town blanketed by the shadow of the great city of New York. True it is that I love NYC but what has happened to their sports teams has given me nothing but glee. We house their football teams. The fan base of the teams is compromised mainly of NJ residents...upstate NY fans root for New England teams in growing numbers. And lastly, our winter sports teams have embarrassed and kicked around NYC's sports franchises who for years tormented us. It was that torment and that superiority that New Yorkers held over the Garden State that created this current gloating situation. And I am going to enjoy it while it lasts...Last night, the Rangers choked down another poor finish. They not only got passed by the NJ Devils who won the Atlantic but they also got passed by the Philthadelphia Flygirls. That's right, you heard me. The Rangers who pretty much led the Atlantic Division from wire to wire were in first place on the last day of play during the regular season. They lost and wound up in THIRD place! The Knicks who play in that very same and very aptly named arena have been even more embarassing than the Rangers. The world's most famous arena, MSG, is home to the worst basketball team in the NBA. Simply put, they suck, bad. The NJ Nets have owned them for the last six years. Five of those six years, they have won the Atlantic Division. I can remember having to hear how great the Knicks were while I was growing up but they have only won a couple of Atlantic Division titles during my lifetime...I guess they're not so great after all, huh NYC? Oh well, there's always next year...good luck with that!!!

PS - I said Ha Ha!

















Notice that the Nets are above the Knicks & the Devils are above the Rangers...It's been that way for a while so get used to it!














If New Jersey gets a baseball team, I will remain a Mets fan but I am sure that eventually the NJ team would overtake both NY baseball teams...It's just the way it is, New Jersey Rocks. And they tend to dominate in every venue they compete with New York teams for...Click the Nets and the Devils to see where the season standing stand at the close of the NBA & NHL regular seasons.

LETS GO NEW JERSEY!

9 Comments:

At 4:41 PM, April 19, 2006, Blogger thejerseydevil whispered...

I HOPE THE DEVILS KICK THEIR COLLECTIVE ASSES!!!

 
At 5:21 PM, April 19, 2006, Blogger Mr Accountable whispered...

Hi, what's the deal with Dermot Desmond, architect of the High Tech Dublin Skyline and owner of Celtic FC, the first team to break the Mediterreaneans, in 1967 or 8.

I had the opportunity to phone call Conan O'Brien at 212 644 4400 when he looked like he was being nervous, like 3 times, each time saying "This message is for the Conan show. Hi, I'm Mctrixie from Massachusetts. Dermot Desmond [or Desmond Dermot] the owner of half of Guiness, would be good guest."

The thing of it is, because I have a film school major, strictly Top 10, I have no hesitation when making that connection. My dad would crap if he thought I wasn't using my degree, anyway.

 
At 6:58 PM, April 19, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous whispered...

The best part about this post is that this New Jersey blog's catch phrase was stolen from a New Yorker

 
At 8:30 PM, April 19, 2006, Blogger thejerseydevil whispered...

because the pharse Shanty Potatoe Eatin Irish had never been used or said before...ever...i buy it, but then again i lack imagination and you clearly have no shortage of self worth...you remind me of a young monty burns...excellent

 
At 12:09 AM, April 20, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous whispered...

I apologize. Its my bad. I cast a big shadow. You'll find your way out of it one day. Bring a flashlight.(and beers)

 
At 9:43 AM, April 20, 2006, Blogger Mookie McFly whispered...

Oh snap...hey, at least the Knicks starters found a way to beat the Nets back ups last night.

 
At 3:28 PM, April 20, 2006, Blogger Mookie McFly whispered...

Oh and Donkeys have been to known to live in NJ when they are on the come up...and they visit from time to time afterwards.

 
At 1:08 AM, April 21, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous whispered...

the nets lost their final game to...the KNICKS. who sucks and whose to blame? who cares? please comment...

 
At 11:00 AM, April 21, 2006, Blogger Mookie McFly whispered...

Like I said above...the Knicks beat our "C" team not even our "B" team...the starters played like five minutes and then Frank pulled them one by one so the fans could applaud them on another terrific season. I don't want to hear anymore NBA bashing. It is the best basketball around, especially the playoffs. 90% of the kids who play in the NCAA tourney won't even make the developmental league let alone be athletic enough to play in the NBA...

 

Dance With the Devil

<< Home